If you face any problems when installing the Canon PIXMA MP 130 all-in-one printer and are getting any error message on your Windows Vista PC, then you must check that you’re installing the new and compatible version of the printer driver. Before availing the Canon printer customer services, there are three ways you can try to install the printer software in a proper manner and without getting any trouble.
Method #1: Install PIXMA Driver Using CD
Before using this approach, you need to make sure that the system is compatible with CD/DVD drive. You must have an installation disc and USB cable to connect the printer. Here’s how to do:
- Turn on your printer in which you want to install the drivers. If you’re prompted to connect USB to the PC, then connect it, otherwise, don’t try to do that
- Put the CD into your system and run the setup file. It initiates to launch the instruction wizard, and then continue with the steps to finish it.
- Connect your PIXMA printer to the PC using a USB cable. Wait until it recognizes the printer and moves ahead to the next once all goes fine.
- Add the values for every step and finish the installation. You can now print from Canon PIXMA printer as it has installed.
Method #2: Install PIXMA driver manually via the ‘Add a printer’ option
The below instructions will let you know how to download the setup file of the Canon MP130 driver. Check these steps:-
- Turn on the PC and then connect your PIXMA printer to the Vista computer. Once it’s connected and finishes the startup process, turn on your printer.
- Click the ‘Start’ menu and choose the ‘Settings,’ and then the ‘Printer and Faxes,’ followed by the ‘Add a Printer’ option.
- Once the installation wizard starts up, choose the ‘Next’ option and allow your system to recognize the plug-and-play printer.
- Now your PIXMA printer is ready to use as the driver is installed successfully.
Method #3: Install Canon Printer driver with downloaded setup file
- Go to the Canon’s official site. Choose the ‘Drivers and Downloads,’ and then the ‘Driver Finder.’ Input the model number in the search box and click the ‘Search’ option.
- Locate your printer in the list and click the ‘Download Driver’ option. Select the Windows Vista from the drop-down list and your browser will redirect to the download page automatically.
- Click the ‘Download Now’ button and choose to save the file. Wait until the download process completes. Now, open the downloaded file and go through the installation steps and answer the instructions.
- While the process has completed, you will be informed that it ends. Also, take a test print to make sure that your PIXMA printer is printing correctly.
These instructions helped you to install Canon PIXMA printer driver and make your printer work correctly. However, if you’re still getting problems in installing the Canon PIXMA MP130 all-in-one Inkjet printer drivers on your Windows Vista PC, you can ask the solution just by calling on the Canon printer technical support number and set up your printer properly.