Change your AT&T email account password instantly if you find that it has been compromised to stop intruders from getting access to the confidential data. If you know about your old security key, then you can change it via the myAT&T Web page. However, if you don’t know about it, you need to reset it via the ‘Forgot Password’ feature. You cannot change the email password if you forget the answers to security questions, can’t confirm the right ZIP code, or didn’t enter an alternate email address during registration.
How to reset your password?
Remember that changing the email account password automatically resets the AT&T Access ID password to the same. To know the step-by-step instructions to change the password, you can contact the AT&T customer service number USA. Take a look at the methods given below:
Method #1: Reset Password with Security Questions
Proceed to the following steps to reset your password by giving answers to the security questions. If you have not remembered that, you can update your answers and security questions.
- Go to the ‘Forget Password’ web page, and then choose the ‘Password’ option.
- Input your last name and the complete AT&T email address. Select the ‘Continue’ button.
- Make the selection of ‘I’ll answer my security questions’ option from the drop-down menu.
- Reply the security questions that you used for your email account. Choose the ‘Continue’ option.
- Proceed to the prompts to make a new password.
Once the process is complete, you will get a confirmation that the password has been changed. It may take at least five minutes to make changes to the new password.
Method #2: Reset with an alternate email address or mobile phone number
If you forget the answers to your security question, try this method to reset your password. It’s only available if you have registered your account with a mobile phone number or an alternate email ID which is different from the address for which you’re trying to change the password.
- Go to the ‘Forgot Password’ web page, and then choose the ‘Password’ option.
- Input your last name and the complete AT&T email address. Choose the ‘Continue.’
- Select the ‘Send me a Temporary password’ option from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the option how you want the password received from AT&T. Click the ‘Continue’ button.
- Look for the temporary password in your mailbox of alternate email ID. Copy the password from here and enter it into the appropriate field. Proceed to the instructions to make a new and permanent password.
If you close the window by mistake, you can use the temporary password once by accessing the myAT&T login web page. Then, you will be prompted to make a new password.
If the email password you change is also used to access your email account via your smartphone, you also require updating the email settings on your phone device. However, if you are not able to reset your password, it’s highly suggested to contact at the AT&T internet customer service phone number to seek the help of experts for changing it without any hassle.